Why are we here, now, in this specific moment in time?
I was spending time trying to figure out what to write today.
Something light, some words of motivation or encouragement to send your way, because I feel like it was a heavy week not just for me, but for many.
But I was there, frozen, struggling to find some light in the chaos and the darkness, and the depression that hits sometimes, and the unexpected $2,000 quote to fix my car, and all the little things that keep breaking around the house, the fatigue from physical therapy, the news of the death of an old family friend, and, and...
Then I wrote about something completely different. Deleted it. Massaged my neck in the heat of my room with no AC. Asked God for help. How can I pretend to say encouraging words when there is so much going on?
The truth is that after two hours of trying to find inspiration myself, I think I failed. At least tonight. But I can leave you with this instead, this question, to ask yourself:
Why are you still here? In this moment in time? In this Universe, with your own life and body and mind?
And why does it matter? Why does it matter to others, to you?
I have spent a lot of time with these questions, and I don't think I fully know the answers yet. I know I will continue untangling them. But it gave me this idea, to suggest that you, too, spend some time writing them down, if possible, to get our minds away from so much destruction and happenings.
Even better, to challenge how disconnected we have become from each other, find at least one important person in your life and share the reasons why you both think you are here, now, and why it matters. This doesn't need to happen today, or next week. Do it as you can, even if it takes months or more than a year.
With much love,
Paty ♥

Comments
Post a Comment