Camping memories from 2016...


How do you keep your sanity in this fast-paced world? 

When we have one thousand things to do?

Plus the one thousand things in our minds?

And the problems that need resolving. 

Or not. Some problems do resolve on their own- we just need to know which ones we let go and which ones we attend to. Sometimes easy; other times - not so easy.

As you know, for us is camping. Hiking. Nature. Getaways when we can.

Sometimes alone.

Sometimes with the family.

These pictures are from a camping / hiking trip with the whole family from the Summer of 2016. I think this is the first time I discovered our favorite camping place was surrounded by black bears.

And snakes. And after coming down that mountain, we stopped, in silence. My brothers had spotted a snake behind bushes, so we all froze. For a while. "It's been looking at you," said my brother. But I had zero interest in spotting the animal or knowing why I, somehow, was appealing.

Only God knows how terrified I am of snakes. So much that I can't even look at them in pictures.

I do live for these moments. Not the snake moments, or when we have to freeze, literally. But more about the moments when we freeze to enjoy all that there is. 

All that we have.



















Paty

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stubbornness, Strength, & Grace.

One year in Therapy- a little milestone.