Figuring out what's next on my healing Journey-


I started having therapy sessions twice a week, and I will continue that for the next three to four weeks. The goal is to be able to figure out a plan of recovery to learn to live with my Complex-PTSD, and complex trauma. Learn better ways to cope with it. I need to teach my brain that my triggers are not real, not everything is a threat, and I am safe.

I have gained a bit of strength and mental capacity, which will be used to focus on my healing and have some control on those decisions and action plans. My brain needs fixing and care. I need to focus on my healing, take better charge of this recovery.

My therapist and I started discussing possibilities like partial hospitalization or intensive outpatient care, although the insurance could be a problem. And/or focused-trauma therapies, like EMDR.

I don't know what healing means, or how recovery looks like. It has been said that trauma never goes away, and that healing is different for everyone. The more I learn about these conditions, and how my trauma is present, daily, affecting me and threatening my existence, relationships and future, I think it will be more about learning to live and coping with it. I know that the next months will be very intense, and I will need to continue working on staying focused and grounded, as well as learning to adapt and accept as I figure out this healing journey, and myself.

  Paty
Learn. Believe. Accept.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Struggles with reality.

One year in Therapy- a little milestone.