Adjusting to life: And just like that, Life happens.


And just like that, I am visiting my son in his new apartment.

His own place. 

On his own-

Making his own decisions. Growing. Paying his own bills. Decorating, arranging, buying...

Growing into a man.

Into the adult he will become one day.

Three hours away from me. 

Claiming and living his independence. With a life ahead that will test him, carry him, love him, compensate and provide.

A life with disappointments just for him, and him alone, that will hurt my heart as if they were mine, while I remind myself it's ok, pain is part of life, and I can't protect him from it. I can only be there, next to him, with my heart open.

A life with rewards, just for him, that I will celebrate as if they were mine. Then I will stop and give thanks to God for those little moments.

He moved in with his girlfriend and my goddaughter. The three of them walking into a new life.

Into independence and adulthood. 

On their own-

Growing.

I left emotional.

Crying with my hands on the wheel while driving.

Sad, emotional, proud.

Then the fire, the evacuations, the traffic, and the accident happened.

I don't know what happened. I just know I saw through my mirror the car behind me coming really fast and I prepared to be hit and to brake so I wouldn't hit the truck in front of me.

This saved me from not hitting the truck and from hitting myself.

Lucián and I are ok, but I am a little sensitive about it. 

The day before my little niece had slammed the door on my finger nail. I almost cried of pain-

If I start looking at my luck... 

Last month was extremely difficult for many reasons-

Plus COVID 19 and everything else. In Seattle. The country. The world.

But, perhaps, my luck is on the other side of the coin.

On the good side.

I have no idea how my finger and nail almost look as if nothing happened to it.

The accident could have been way worse, especially if I had hit the truck in front of me. And I don't want to imagine the impact on myself if I hadn't seen the accident coming.

Plus it happened minutes after I left my cousin's house, and I was able to call my brother and had him come to the scene with my sister-in-law to be there and help us out.

I am emotional and sensitive, but grateful and whole.

 



Paty. ♥


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stubbornness, Strength, & Grace.

One year in Therapy- a little milestone.