Days like today- Now what?

I have days that I feel, and see, how much mental and internal work there is, still. It can be quite discouraging. 

Then, other days, even for brief moments, I can feel an unexpected feeling of clarity and hope. Those unrecognizable moments that feel like a miracle.

This week, I have been having consistent depression since Sunday. There were the days that my mind was betraying me, but I still pushed myself - it wasn't fun-. Or the day that I actually had to stop the battle, surrender to what it was, and leave room for not being okay. In that space of surrender, I was able to go over some of my clothes that don't fit me anymore and drove to meet with a nice woman new to this country who needed them. These kinds of days it's crucial to manage to choose kindness towards myself instead of shaming. I think this is why I was able to do something for someone else.

And days like today, that I managed to continue the pushing and the moving up, even if I was shaking, and telling myself, "Ok, you feel like shit, but this isn't new. Now what?" 

"Thriving - professionally and personally - is about creating pathways of connection to our inner resources, those treasures inside us, that enable us to handle whatever the external world throws at us." Ariana Huffington.

- The thriving part, even if different for those of us struggling with mental health, is still thriving if we didn't give up. Creating pathways to my inner resources, that is what I am working on.

One difficult push forward a day.

Do not disappear.








Paty. ♥
Learn. Believe. Allow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stubbornness, Strength, & Grace.

One year in Therapy- a little milestone.